The UV laser is a universal tool in material processing. The exactly focused laser beam allows ultra-fine, clean contours in the most varied materials and types of printed board:
- Flexible printed boards
- Flex-rigid printed boards
- Thin rigid substrates
- Depaneling of webs
- LTCC (low temperature co-fired ceramics)
- HF materials
- Composite materials
The focused laser beam reliably cuts through all layers in one or several passes and can be set to defined depths. It is suitable for cutting rigid and flexible printed board components with Multilayers or for cutting films with thin and sensitive materials, for example.
The UV laser can structure, engrave and cut even the sensitive LTCC components in one operation.
A vacuum table holds the materials to be processed gently and without a tensioning tool. Due to contactless material processing, no deformation comes about even with thin materials, as can happen when milling or stamping, for example.
The UV laser used vaporizes the material that is struck, so that no burr forms. The minimal heat-affected zone prevents delamination of the material composites.
Using the vision option for touching corner marks and online rectification, deformations from previous processing steps can be compensated for and the cut contours in the layout can be exactly positioned.
The results of laser cutting are precise, nearly radius-free contours. The cut edges are smooth and vertical. The process ensures a maximum of dimensional stability, edge quality and throughput. The laser also cuts complex contours without masks or special tools.
Advantages of laser cutting
- Clean cut edges without burr or dust formation
- Cutting of extremely fine contours and practically radius-free inner edges
- Low thermal influence, i.e., no delamination
- Cutting of various material thicknesses and combinations in one operation
- Separation of fitted printed boards
- No material deformation due to contactless material processing
- No tensioning device or protective cover necessary
- High level of precision and positional accuracy of the cut edges due to automatic recording
- Maximum utilization of circuit boards because no space has to be kept free for cutting channels